Craig Elliott White
Craig E. White is a principal with Sevila, Saunders, Huddleston & White, P.C. in Leesburg, Virginia where he has practiced since his admission to the Bar in 1988. Mr. White practices in all aspects of family law, including but not limited to divorce, equitable distribution of property, support, and custody. He has also been a certified mediator for family law matters since 2005. Mr. White is a former Chair for the Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar. He has been named a 'Legal Elite' by the magazine Virginia Business in both Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution (mediation). Mr. White has also received a peer review rating of AV from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for skill and ethics. Mr. White has been named a "Super Lawyer" for the Washington, D.C. area and the Commonwealth of Virginia for Family Law (2006-2017), has been listed as a "Top Divorce Lawyer" in each of Washingtonian Magazine's "Best Lawyers" lists since 2009, and in 2018 was included in the 24th edition of the Best Lawyers in America.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Mediation - Family Law, Virginia Supreme Court, 2005
- Virginia, 1988
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D. - 1988
- Honors: The McNeill Law Society
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Blacksburg, Virginia
- B.S. - 1985
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Economics
- Lecturer, Real Estate Appraisers: A Comprehensive Review Of Valuation Issues In Equitable Distribution Cases, 23rd Annual Advanced Family Law Seminar
- Moderator, The State of Spousal Support, 24th Annual Advanced Family Law Seminar
- Moderator, Protective Orders, Jurisdictional Issues and New Developments in Family Law Plus Insights from the Bench, 26th Annual Family Law Seminar
- Lecturer, How to Obtain and Maintain Clients: The Lawyer's Role as a Business Person and Counselor at Law, Virginia State Bar Mandatory Professionalism Course for New Admittees, 2009 to 2010
Honors and Awards
- Acknowledged in The Best Lawyers in America, the oldest and most respected peer review publication in the legal profession.
- Listed as a "Top Divorce Lawyer" in each Washingtonian Magazine list since 2009.
- Named a family law "Super Lawyer" for the Washington, D.C. area and the Commonwealth of Virginia from 2006-2017.
- Received a peer review rating of AV from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for skill and ethics.
- Named a "Legal Elite" in either family law or alternative dispute resolution (mediation) by Virginia Business magazine, 2006-2009 and 2011-2017.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1988 to Present
- Loudoun County Bar Association, Member, 1988 to Present
- Virginia State Bar, 1988 to Present
- Virginia State Bar, Board of Governors - Family Law Section Chair 2007-2008; Secretary 2005-2006; Vice Chair 2006-2007
Pro Bono Activities
- YMCA Loudoun County Member, Board of Directors, 2007 to 2010
- Virginia State Bar - Standing Committee on Professionalism, 2007 to 2010