Craig Elliott White
Craig E. White is a principal with Sevila, Saunders, Huddleston and White, P.C. in Leesburg, Virginia, where he has practiced since his admission to the Bar in 1988. Mr. White practices all aspects of family law, including but not limited to divorce, equitable distribution of property, support, and custody. He has also been a certified mediator for family law matters since 2005 and maintains a dynamic mediation practice. Mr. White is a former Chair for the Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar. Mr. White’s talents as a litigator and mediator have been recognized in numerous publications. Since 2018, he has been included in each edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Mr. White has been listed as a “Top Divorce Lawyer” in each Washingtonian Magazine list since 2009, including the Hall of Fame edition in 2022, and has been named a “Legal Elite” by the Virginia Business magazine in both family law and alternative dispute resolution (mediation). Mr. White maintains a peer review rating of AV from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for skill and ethics. Since 2006, Mr. White has been annually named a “Super Lawyer” in Family Law for the Washington, D.C. area and the Commonwealth of Virginia. Mr. White is ready to put his considerable skills to work for you, whether it be for settlement negotiations, litigation, or mediation.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Mediation - Family Law, Virginia Supreme Court, 2005
- Virginia, 1988
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- University of Richmond, School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D. - 1988
- Honors: The McNeill Law Society
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Blacksburg, Virginia
- B.S. - 1985
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Economics
- Lecturer, Real Estate Appraisers: A Comprehensive Review Of Valuation Issues In Equitable Distribution Cases, 23rd Annual Advanced Family Law Seminar
- Moderator, The State of Spousal Support, 24th Annual Advanced Family Law Seminar
- Moderator, Protective Orders, Jurisdictional Issues and New Developments in Family Law Plus Insights from the Bench, 26th Annual Family Law Seminar
- Lecturer, How to Obtain and Maintain Clients: The Lawyer's Role as a Business Person and Counselor at Law, Virginia State Bar Mandatory Professionalism Course for New Admittees, 2009 to 2010
Honors and Awards
- Acknowledged in The Best Lawyers in America, the oldest and most respected peer review publication in the legal profession. Recognition has been made in each annual edition since 2018.
- Listed as a “Top Divorce Lawyer” in each Washingtonian Magazine list since 2009, including the Hall of Fame edition in 2022.
- Named a family law “Super Lawyer” for the Washington, D.C. area and the Commonwealth of Virginia each year since 2006.
- Received a peer review rating of AV from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for skill and ethics.
- Named a “Legal Elite” in either family law or alternative dispute resolution (mediation) by Virginia Business magazine in each annual survey since 2011.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Loudoun County Bar Association, Member, 1988 to Present
- Virginia State Bar, 1988 to Present
- Virginia State Bar, Board of Governors - Family Law Section Chair 2007-2008; Secretary 2005-2006; Vice Chair 2006-2007
Pro Bono Activities
- YMCA Loudoun County Member, Board of Directors, 2007 to 2010
- Virginia State Bar - Standing Committee on Professionalism, 2007 to 2010
- Loudoun County Bar Association, Chair of the Pro Se Divorce Handbook Committee, 2023