Heather is a native of Atlanta, Georgia. She completed her undergrad degree at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia where she received a B.A. in History and International Relations. In 2010, she graduated with a J.D. From American University, Washington College of Law.
Since 2010, Heather has been practicing in the area of Domestic Relations. Seventy-five percent of her case load is focused on divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, and equitable distribution. The remainder of Heather’s practice is devoted to Guardian ad Litem work and the representation of minors in CPS, DSS, abuse and neglect and delinquency cases.
Outside of the office, Heather is very active in her local bar community. From 2013 to the present, she has been a Board Member of the Loudoun County Bar Association. In that role, she has worked on numerous projects including regular social engagements with the judges, judicial retirement parties, and fundraising events. She is also currently the Juvenile Court Bench Bar Chairperson.
Heather’s pet-project is the Thomas D. Horne Leadership in the Law Camp. Each year, 24 rising seniors are chosen from local high schools to attend a week long mock trial camp. During the week, the students meet regularly with attorney mentors to prepare their cases. At the end of the week, the students present their entire cases- complete with witnesses, opening statements, and juries – to sitting judges in the Loudoun County Circuit Court. Heather has been involved with the Camp since 2011, and has served as the co-chair of the Law Camp Committee since 2015.
Heather is regularly named in Super Lawyers, Richmond Magazine, and Legal Elite as an outstanding young attorney. In 2017, she also received the Virginia State Bar Local Bar Leader of the Year Award.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Virginia, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2011
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- Honors: cum laude
- Wesleyan College, Macon, Georgia
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: History and International Relations
Honors and Awards
- Virginia State Bar Local Leader of the Year Award, 2017
- Named a Virginia Super Lawyer in the area of Rising Stars, 2016-2017
- Named a "Legal Elite" Top Young Lawyer by Virginia Business magazine, 2016
- Named a "Top Attorney in Virginia" in the area of Rising Stars by Richmond Magazine, 2016-2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Loudoun County Bar Association, Board Member, 2013 to Present
- Loudoun County Bar Association, Juvenile Court Bench Bar Committee, Member, 2013 to Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Thomas D. Horne Leadership in the Law Camp, Committee Member, 2012 to Present